Monitor and analyze energy-related matters and initiatives, report findings and recommendations to the AASG, and assist in development, promotion, and implementation of AASG energy policy and positions.
Members are appointed by the AASG President. The Chair will be a sitting State Geologist, appointed by the AASG President. The AASG President may appoint an Honorary Member to co-chair the Committee. The chair may create subcommittees to act on specific tasks.
- Federal and State
- Track federal legislation, regulations, and initiatives relating to energy resources and in certain instances key state or international legislation, regulations, and initiatives relating to energy resources.
- Monitor, analyze, and provide information on issues concerning the nation's energy resources including impacts of energy policy and activities on the states and the state geological surveys.
- Assist in development, promotion, and implementation of AASG energy policy and positions.
- Communicate and interact with organizations and entities involved in national, international and state-level energy issues and with the AASG Executive Committee and membership regarding ongoing and emerging energy issues.
- Federal and State
- Work with the President-elect, Executive Committee, and Liaison Committee to develop and coordinate the AASG Washington liaison energy-related activities and message.
- Track energy policy developments and draft letters on behalf of the AASG to provide input into the legislative process.
- Report progress to AASG membership at the mid-year and annual meetings.
- Update the AASG Energy Statement.
- Develop an approach to strengthen AASG alliances and improve communication and collaboration with other energy-related organizations and entities including AAPG, IPAA, IOGCC, and AGI.
- Develop an approach to strengthen AASG relationships and communication with energy-involved Federal agencies and seek to develop enhanced opportunities for state survey participation in Federal programs and initiatives.
- Develop an approach to strengthen AASG relationships and communication with key energy-related Congressional committees, members, and staff.