The Delaware Geological Survey (DGS) is now recruiting for two (2) positions to assist with our data preservation, mapping, and hydrogeology programs. These are entry level/early career positions at the Research Associate I level. Duties include basic data collection and applied research related to the collection, organization, and dissemination of data resources related to the geology and hydrogeology of Delaware.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assists the senior investigators with data management projects related to the Geology of Delaware from records of DGS, other State and Federal agencies, and private entities.
- Collects and compiles data including, but not limited to, lithology and geophysical logs, well records, aerial photographs, archival maps, and geologic samples, and assists with the development of internet-based resources for their public dissemination.
- Conducts inventory and organization of legacy datasets
- Populates databases and assists with metadata creation and management for DGS spatial data and publications.
- Assists the senior investigators with preparation of proposals for external funding and preparation of contact reports and project deliverables.
- Along with the senior investigators, supervises and directs students, hourly-paid employees, and interns.
- Anticipates and/or identifies issues related to complex problems and situations and works with staff to solve problems.
- Interacts with Federal, State, and private partners and with faculty and researchers at the University of Delaware and other academic institutions as project work demands.
More information can be viewed at: https://careers.udel.edu/en-us/job/499605/research-associate-i-delaware-geological-survey
The positions will remain open until filled. Please circulate to any interested parties.